Senior distributed systems engineer
About the role
We are looking for a Distributed Systems Engineer to take a key role in designing and implementing the next stage of the distributed runtime of Restate (including elasticity, multi-region failover, snapshotting, latency optimizations, testing and hardening), as well as future efforts, including the architecture for the managed service and the query transaction- processing layers.
You will work deep in our Rust-based runtime on the intersection of distributed consensus, storage, data processing. You will help us ensure that our implementation has state-of-art resilience, availability, and performance.
We are a small team (< 10 people), so every engineer takes responsibility for entire areas of the product. There is significant opportunity for this role to take ownership of major parts of the system.
Our developers can interact with users/customers in the open-source community and participate in outreach and evangelism efforts (articles, conference talks, podcasts). This is encouraged, but not required.
- Strong background in distributed systems. You understand the problems and know how to build consistent, reliable, scalable, and efficient systems.
- Know how to let hardware and software work together, in harmony, to achieve great performance.
- Have spent time working on multi-person codebases, with a good sense of what efficient and maintainable solutions in such an environment look like.
- Like to take ownership of your work end-to-end (from design, over implementation and testing to running it reliably in production).
- Able to handle the ambiguity of an early stage startup. You can filter out the important from the unimportant.
- A great team player with good communication skills for bringing your ideas across so that they become reality.
Perks and benefits
At Restate we need the best talent to revolutionize how people build modern applications. The best talent will get a great salary, stake in the company, be able to work from anywhere, pick their own gear, and solve some of the toughest problems. For more details check out the description on the careers pages.
If you’ve come so far, then you are certainly interested in this position! We are certainly interested in you so let us match by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.